Property Manager/Landlord FAQ
How do I create an account? How do I log on?
To create an account;
1. Click on either the "Login" prompt in the bottom right of the page or click on "List Property" in the middle of the page;
2. On the next screen, click on the "Click Here" prompt text after "Don't have an account?";
3. Now you should be on the registration page. Enter the information in the text boxes. Required information has an asterisk (*) and anything else is optional. Once all the information is entered, scroll to the bottom and register the information;
4. After your information is entered and you have clicked the "Register" button at the bottom of the landlord registration page, go back and check the email address that you provided when registering your account. A confirmation email will be sent from Rental Buddy in order to confirm your account. (If you cannot find a confirmation email in the inbox, check the junk mailbox. If there is no email sent after 5 minutes please contact Buddy@Rentalbuddy.ca);
5. Click the registration link in the email from firstname.lastname@example.org; and,
6. Enter your login email and password and you are ready to start listing on Rental Buddy
How do I log into my account?
To log on to an account;
1. Click on either the "Login" prompt in the bottom right of the page or click on "List Property" in the middle of the page.
2. On the next screen, enter your account information to login. Your username is the email address that you signed up with.
I've forgot my password or need to change my password. What do I do?
To reset your password;
1. Click on the "Forgot password" prompt at the login screen;
2. Enter your email;
3. Check your email for a new confirmation link. (Remember to check your junk mail);
4. Enter your new password; and,
5. Log in and continue listing your properties with Rental Buddy.
To change your password;
1. Log on to your account;
2. Click the change password;
3. Enter the old and new password; and,
4. Continue listing your properties with Rental Buddy.
If you are unable to change your password or recover your account please contact Buddy@RentalBuddy.ca
How is my account information used?
If you select to receive promotional emails and newsletters you will be sent out Promotional Codes and special pricing offers that we run throughout the year.
How do I list my properties?
To list your property;
1. Log into your account. Once logged into your account, double check your contact information by clicking on the "Edit Profile" icon. Verify the contact details (i.e. phone and email) are correct. Make any corrections required and continue listing your property;
2. Once you have logged in to your account and verified your contact information, select "Manage Listings" in the "Landlord Administration Area" page;
3. Click the "Add Listing" icon;
4. Click on the new house icon;
5. To write your advertisement,
a. Click on the drop down arrows and select the information from the drop boxes*;
b. Enter text for the number of bed, bathrooms and the listing description;
c. Attach pictures or video links in the appropriate areas.; and,
d. Scroll down and select "UPDATE" to register the information (VERY IMPORTANT)
Required information has an asterisk (*) and any other information is optional. While not all fields are mandatory, the more information you provide the better results you will get from tenants. It is best to provide answers to common questions tenants may have as this will prevent tenants from contacting you just to get more information. Once you are satisfied with the advertisement.
**If we are missing information that you feel should be in our drop box be sure to let us know**;
6. To add pictures,
a. Scroll down to the "Manage Gallery" and click "Choose File". This will bring up a browser;
b. On your computer, navigate to the drive and folder where your photos are stored;
c. In order to add photos to the gallery, select the file you wish to upload and click on the "Add Image" button; and,
d. Continue repeating these steps until all the files are added to the listing.
Having photos of with your advertisement greatly improves the results of your listing.
You are able to upload up to 8 photos or ??MB per listing. The maximum file size per photo is ??MB; and,
7. If you wish to add a description of each room, at Rental Buddy you can do that.
a. Scroll down a little further to "Manage Rooms" and click "Add Room";
b. Fill in the required information;
c. Upload a picture of the room;
d. Write in a description; and,
e. When you're satisfied, click the "Update" button.
What do I do if my city isn't found in the database?
Please contact us with the desired state/province, and region and we will promptly add your city to our database. You can also contact us if you believe your city is listed in the incorrect region.
How do I modify/make changes to my listing?You can update or make changes to your listing at any time. Just log into your account,
1. Click on the "Manage Listings" button in the "Landlord Administration Area"; and,
2. Make the necessary changes to any of your listings and select "UPDATE"
How do I list, withdraw or delete my property?To list your property for rent or sale;
1. Complete the manage listings portion;
2. Once you've completed this listing, return to the "Manage Listings" page; and
3. Click "Activate". That is it, your property is now listed.
To withdraw your advertisement;
1. Return to the "Manage Listings" page after the property has been rented; and,
2. Click "Deactivate". That is it, the advertisement has been withdrawn from the map
To delete your advertisement;
1. Return to the "Manage Listings" page when you've decided to delete your property advertisement; and,
2. Click "Delete". That is it, the advertisement has been deleted.
How do I re-list a property that I advertised before?
All listings created will remain in your account for future use unless you decide to delete them. You can easily re-list any ad by simply clicking on "Activate" any time the property becomes available. Just check that all information is up to date and upload any new pictures you may have.________________________________________
How do I view the stats for my listings?
For any listing you have listed on our site we track how many times it has shown up as a search result as well as how many times someone has looked at the full version of your listings.
In your dashboard there is a subsection titled Stats. By clicking on the Listings button in this area of your dashboard it will take you to a page with all of your listings on it. From this page you can choose which of your listings you want to view the stats for and click on the View Stats button for that listing. This will open up a page that shows you a summary of the list views(how many times it was seen as a search results) and Single/Detail Views(how many times someone clicked on the ad to view it in full detail).
Our system also saves any emails that are sent to you directly from the website so you can pull them up if you accidentally delete one before you can respond to it. To look up any emails that have come in through the system, go to the same Stats subsection of your dashboard and click on the Email Totals button. This will open up a page that shows you all of the listings in your account as well as the number of emails that each listing has received while it has been active in your account.
To view the emails in detail click on the View Emails button on the listing. This will open up a page that gives you a summary of when the emails came in and who they were from. To see the actual email, click on the View button and it will open up a page that shows the text of the email as well as the contact information of the person that was inquiring about your listing.
Is Rental Buddy free to search?
Yes, Rental Buddy is always free to search.
Do I need an account to search?
No, you do not need an account to search our database. How do I search?
There are a number of ways you can search for a property. At any time you are able to click on the listing icons on the map and it will take you to the full details for that listing.
You can jump to a particular city's listings by entering the city name into the search bar.
If there are too many results you can use the Refine Search tool, found in the upper right of the top menu bar. If you need more results try broadening your search again.
As a part of the services that Prop2Go provides, you are able to save your properties you are interested in to the Site. Prop2Go restricts unregistered users from using our member's listing other than for searching purposes. If at any time you would like your property listing removed from our Site, you may do so by using the "Deactivate" function located on the Member's tab. This information is for private landlords only. If you are a Real Estate agent or Property Management company, please call us at 800-862-9874 to create an account and learn more about pricing for companies.